The shadows hang on empty walls
throughout this quiet place.
throughout this quiet place.
There's nothing here but loneliness
to fill the hallowed space.
to fill the hallowed space.
Still carelessly the seconds pass
and steal time from my heart,
and steal time from my heart,
And though I'm master of this house,
I cannot play the part.
I cannot play the part.
Chorus:
The ghosts of all our memories
are living with me still.
This house I once called home
now holds a pain I cannot kill.
are living with me still.
This house I once called home
now holds a pain I cannot kill.
I'm haunted by the life we shared,
but I'm a willing host.
but I'm a willing host.
I've given up on might- have- beens
but can't give up these ghosts.
but can't give up these ghosts.
Verse:
I'm left alone- a servant to
the past you left behind.
the past you left behind.
I search through thoughts and longings
for my missing peace of mind.
for my missing peace of mind.
And though I may forgive the way
you left without a trace,
you left without a trace,
The broken mirrors of my mind
will still reflect your face.
(Repeat Chorus)
will still reflect your face.
(Repeat Chorus)
Verse:
The cold wind's blowing through the cracks
appearing in the walls.
appearing in the walls.
It's getting late and time won't wait;
too soon, this house will fall.
too soon, this house will fall.
I've built a prison of regret
and things that cannot be.
and things that cannot be.
I must let go of you
if I'm to set these spirits free.
(Repeat Chorus)
I've given up on might-have-beens,
but I can't give up...
No I can't give up...
These ghosts.
if I'm to set these spirits free.
(Repeat Chorus)
I've given up on might-have-beens,
but I can't give up...
No I can't give up...
These ghosts.
Lyrics by Jason Spraggins
June 21, 2011
Music by Matt Glickstein
Music by Matt Glickstein

No comments:
Post a Comment