All Original Works by Spraggins: Copyright © 2007- 2015 Jason A. Spraggins



Saturday, July 16, 2011

Peace with the Past




"PEACE WITH THE PAST"

Verse:
There is nothing more I can give to you;
there is nothing more I can say.
I can't heal your wounds- can't ease your pain.
And if you choose to leave, I won't stand in your way.

Chorus:
I can't be
your candle on a dark night.
I can't find a way
to lead you toward the sunlight.

Your solitude will last
'til you're at peace with the past.

Verse:
I can forgive, but I can't forget..
I must find a peace and let it be.
Many questions don't have answers.
Time may heal, but love won't come free.


(Repeat Chorus)


Bridge:
You're lost inside your memories-
bitter, cold, and isolate.
Only you can break the walls
of this prison you've created.


(Repeat Chorus)

Lyrics by Jason Spraggins and Matt Glickstein
Music by Matt Glickstein

No comments: